Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm on a Boat!


Well, I made it to California! And for the past 2 days I've been staying with Aunt Mary and Michael (the sweetest people ever) who live on this boat in San Pedro, right outside Long Beach. 

This isn't really MY Aunt Mary, but you'd never know by the way she and Michael welcomed me. I had never met them before but they were kind enough to take me in, feed me, and show me around for a few days until my apartment was ready to move in to. I am so thankful for my dear friend Dee Dee for hooking me up with them. Aunt Mary was a HUGE help and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. 

Here are a few more pics from my short stay in San Pedro...

Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club - where the boat is docked
Rode the trolley and got a very small tour of the town. 
Michael had a roofing job in Big Bear Lake and let me tag along. It was absolutely gorgeous!
Big Bear himself (not really)
Tried this pretty vegetable for the first time.
Aunt Mary, Michael and I
I am definitely going to miss these two but I am excited to get settled in to my place and start working!