Monday, July 25, 2011

Mini Donuts

A few months ago, I came across this mini donut pan from King Arthur Flour. Since I’m obsessed with all things mini, I just had to have it and grew extremely impatient when I found out it was on backorder. That excitement quickly wore off and it’s been sitting in my cupboard, collecting dust ever since. Poor mini donut pan.
So, this weekend I decided to give it some love. I searched and searched the web for a good baked donut recipe but couldn’t find any with really positive reviews. I ended up using a box mix that I found at the World Market and dipped them in a simple vanilla glaze (recipe below).
How freaking cute are these?


I think next time I’ll go a little crazier with some brighter colors and a mix of sprinkles.


Vanilla Glaze Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp whole milk or heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Directions:
Combine milk and vanilla in a bowl and microwave until warm. Add in confectioners’ sugar and whisk slowly, until well combined.